Lapis Facial Oil by Herbivore
Lapis Facial Oil by Herbivore Botanicals
0.3 oz | 8 mL glass bottle with dropper
1.7 oz | 50 mL glass bottle with dropper
Herbivore Botanicals brings you products that are safe, non-toxic, and highly effective. They believe in tangible results you can see and feel, and believe in the power of nature to bring these results.
Lapis Lazuli, a favorite stone of ancient Egypt, is known for its gorgeous deep blue color. Lapis Facial Oil is named for the precious blue oil it contains, Blue Tansy. This oil holds a component called Azulene which acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial that aids in reducing redness and clarifying the complexion. Formulated for combination, oily, and blemish-prone skin types or any skin in need of relief from inflammation.
Facial Oil for Oily Skin? Often times when we over-wash our skin and do not moisturize thoroughly, it overcompensates by producing more oil and sebum leading to oilier skin and clogged pores. Our facial oils are made with 100% natural and pure plant oils that will thoroughly hydrate your skin without clogging pores so that it can stop producing excess oil and find the balance it needs. In short, yes, oily skin needs moisture too and is often dehydrated, leading to dry patches and the overcompensation of oil and sebum.
Concentrated Moisture. In contrast to traditional cream moisturizers and lotions which tend to be high in water and emulsifying agents but low in effective ingredients, our facial oils contain no fillers and are formulated with only effective natural ingredients. They absorb easily to get moisture, vitamins, fatty acids, and antioxidants into your skin. Additionally, they form a natural lipid barrier to lock moisture in and protect against dryness and heat in the environment.Key Ingredients
- Blue Tansy: High in Azulene content giving them a deep, inky-blue color naturally. Azulene is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial that aids in reducing redness and clarifying the complexion. Additionally, blue oils are excellent at balancing oily skin without drying.
- Kukui Nut Oil: High in linoleic acid to balance sebum and oil production in oilier and blemish-prone skin types. Absorbs into skin for hydration and nourishment at a deep level.
- Jojoba Oil: Amazing moisturizing capabilities due to the similarities in structure to our skin's own natural sebum. Helps other oils absorb more deeply into skin.
- Squalane: Our Squalane is derived from a vegetable source — olives to be specific. Vegetable-derived Squalane has excellent emollient properties and acts as a light protective barrier to keep moisture in the skin. It also protects the skin against hyper-pigmentation and premature aging.
- Jasmine Sambac Oil: Comes from the night blooming variety of Jasmine. It is a sweet and exquisite oil that has been used in skincare and perfumery for centuries with good reason — the scent is intoxicating and the oil itself works to increase the skin's moisture content and increase its elasticity. Our Jasmine Sambac comes from the steam distillation of thousands of Jasmine petals.
Directions: Apply 3–10 drops to cleansed and toned skin morning and night. Massage in and allow to absorb for 1–3 minutes before applying makeup. Store at room temperature and out of direct sunlight. Due to natural ingredients, color of oil may vary.
Ingredients: Amaranthus Squalane Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Capric Triglycerides (Fractionated Coconut Oil), Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui) Nut Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Tanacetum annuum (Blue Tansy) Leaf Oil, Jasminum Sambac (Jasmine) Absolute, Rosa Damascena (Moroccan Rose) Absolute
Truly Natural. Everything we create contains the finest all-natural ingredients, with an emphasis on ingredients that are plant-based, organic, and food-grade. Each ingredient is included for a therapeutic reason. No animal testing is conducted on our products or ingredients. All of our oils are cold-pressed or steam distilled. These are the best extraction methods available and lead to premium quality oils. All products are made in small batches in the USA.