As we all know, summer is approaching its inevitable end. For many of us at Thread + Seed, it's a time to express gratitude for all the fun the hot months have brought us. It's also a time when we squeeze in one last gathering of friends and family, before the hubbub of autumn speeds up our lives once again.
We joined with Tayler Coffin ( @taylereatseverything on Instagram) to present our Potluck Bites party. We invited some of our favorite beverage and pantry makers to share food and friends on our back patio. Check out the other recipes and memories as well!
Amber's Triple Chocolate *Gluten Free* Almond Brownies
featuring Big Spoon Roaster's Almond Butter
Since we opened our space in San Diego, Big Spoon Roasters has been one of our favorite pantry brands at both Thread + Seed and Graffiti Beach. We love the interesting flavors of nut butters created in small batches. The spreadable is a hit at all of our events, but we've all admitted to eating it by the spoonful straight out of the jar--it's just that good.
This recipe comes from Big Spoon's own Amber Milton, who works on the nut butter production team. These brownies need no introduction. They are gooey and chocolately, with just the right amount of nuttiness. Feel free to experiment with this recipe by trying a different variety of Big Spoon Nut Butters!
⅔ cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill 1-1 Gluten Free Flour
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup dutch cocoa powder
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup butter
1½ cup dark chocolate chunks
3 large eggs (room temp)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbls almond milk
1 cup coconut sugar
1 jar Big Spoon Roasters Mission Almond Butter - or Big Spoon Nut Butter of your choice!
1 cup coarsely chopped almonds - or chopped nut of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350º
2. Melt butter and cool to room temp.
3. In large mixing bowl add dutch cocoa and room temp butter. Mix until combined.
4. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Mix.
5. In medium sized bowl add the rest of dry ingredients and mix together. Set aside
6. Crack eggs into separate bowl and let them reach room temp.
7. In small saucepan melt one cup of chocolate chunks and ½ cup of coconut oil.
8. Pour ½ of the melted chocolate into the dutch cocoa mixture and mix well. Set remainder aside for almond butter chocolate ganache frosting.
9. Add ½ jar of Mission Almond Butter
10. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until combined.
11. Fold the dry ingredients into brownie mixture in 3 equal parts.
12. Add ½ cup chocolate chunks and ½ cup of the coarsley shopped almonds into brownie mixture and fold in.
13. Line with parchment and lightly grease an 8×8 baking pan.
14. Pour brownie mixture into pan.
15. Bake 24-27 minutes.
16. Let cool and add Chocolate Almond Butter Ganache Frosting.
17. Top with remaining ½ cup coarsely chopped almonds.
Chocolate Almond Butter Frosting Directions:
1. Add the remainder of the Mission Almond Butter to the remainder of the melted chocolate mixture. Stir together.
2. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract
3. Add 2 tbsp almond milk
4. Mix until smooth
See more recipes, find out about awesome people in the wellness industry, learn the basics of clean beauty and more by checking out the rest of our Blog Here!
To see all of our upcoming events, check out our Event Calendar Here.